-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unable to locate persister
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:35 am 

Hi

I am new to NHibernate and have just download NHibernate 3.0.0. I have followed some tutorials and checked out the Summer of NHibernate videos so feel that I have a grasp of the concepts and implementation but I am currently stumbling on a problem where NHibernate is throwing an exception stating that it is unable to locate a persister for one of my types.

I have a solution structure as follows:

DataTransferObjects (Class library project). This contains a simple object called History (code below)

Code:
namespace Venus.DataTransferObjects.History
{
    public class History
    {
        /// <summary>Gets/Sets the unique identifier of this history item</summary>
        /// <returns>Integer</returns>
        public virtual Int32 HistoryId { get; set; }

/// <summary>Gets/Sets the unique identifier of the history type that this history item relates to</summary>
        public virtual Int32 HistoryTypeId { get; set; }

/// <summary>Gets/Sets the unique identifier of the item that has changed</summary>
        /// <remarks>The item is determined by the HistoryTypeId, therefore an Issue would be identifier by this identifier it the history type related to an issue</remarks>
        public virtual Int32 Identifier { get; set; }

/// <summary>Gets/Sets the old value of this history item</summary>
        /// <returns>String</returns>
        public virtual String OldValue { get; set; }

/// <summary>Gets/Sets the new value of this history item</summary>
        public virtual String NewValue { get; set; }

/// <summary>Gets/Sets the date this history item was created</summary>
        /// <returns>Nullable(Of Date)</returns>
        public virtual DateTime CreatedDate { get; set; }

/// <summary>Returns the NewValue of this history</summary>
        public override string ToString()
        {
            return this.NewValue;
        }
    }
}

and I have a mapping file in the same location called History.hbm.xml containing the following:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<hibernate-mapping xmlns="urn:nhibernate-mapping-2.2" assembly="DataTransferObjects" namespace="Venus.DataTransferObjects.History">
  <class name="History" table="History">
    <id name="HistoryId" column="HistoryID" type="Int32" unsaved-value="0">
      <generator class="identity"></generator>
    </id>
    <property name="HistoryTypeId" column="HistoryTypeID" type="Int32" not-null="true" />
    <property name="Identifier" column="Identifier" type="Int32" not-null="true" />
    <property name="OldValue" column="OldValue" type="String" not-null="false" />
    <property name="NewValue" column="NewValue" type="String" not-null="false" />
    <property name="CreatedDate" column="CreatedDate" type="DateTime" not-null="false" />
  </class>
</hibernate-mapping>

The Assembly name for this project is set to "DataTransferObjects" and the Default namespace is set to "Venus".

Next I have a DataAccessLayer project (Class Library) which contains one provider class as follows:
Code:
namespace Venus.DataAccessLayer.History
{
    public class HistoryDataProvider
    {
        public DataTransferObjects.History.History GetHistoryById(Int32 historyId)
        {
            // Create a configuration object and have it configure itself, then buld a session factory based on this configuration
            NHibernate.ISessionFactory sessionFactory = (new NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration()).Configure().BuildSessionFactory();

NHibernate.ISession session = sessionFactory.OpenSession();
            return session.Get<Venus.DataTransferObjects.History.History>(historyId);
        }
    }
}

The Assembly name for this project is "DataAccessLayer" and the Default namespace is "Venus".

I have also made the following references for this project:
    Antlr3.Runtime
    Castle.Core
    Castle.DynamicProxy2
    DataTransferObjects
    Iesi.Collections
    LinFu.DynamicProxy
    log4net
    NHibernate
    NHibernate.ByteCode.Castle
    NHibernate.ByteCode.LinFu
    Remotion.Data.Linq
The next project is called ServiceLayer (Class library) and contains one class:
Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;

namespace Venus.ServiceLayer.History
{
    public class History
    {
        public DataTransferObjects.History.History GetHistoryById(Int32 historyId)
        {
            Venus.DataAccessLayer.History.HistoryDataProvider provider = new Venus.DataAccessLayer.History.HistoryDataProvider();
            return provider.GetHistoryById(historyId);             
        }
    }
}

This is just simple at the moment but will be used for validation etc. at a later time.

Finally I have a DataAccessLayerTests project (Class library) which I am using as the runner for this application at the moment. This contains one test class called HistoryTests as follows:
Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using NUnit.Framework;

namespace Venus.DataAccessLayerTests.History
{
    [TestFixture]
    public class HistoryTests
    {
        [Test]
        public void CanGetHistoryItemById()
        {
            Venus.ServiceLayer.History.History service = new Venus.ServiceLayer.History.History();
            Venus.DataTransferObjects.History.History history = service.GetHistoryById(1);

}

}
}

There are currently no asserts as yet.

I have made the following references to this project:
    log4net
    NHibernate
    NHibernate.ByteCode.Castle
    NHibernate.ByteCode.LinFu
    nunit.Framework
    Remotion.Data.Linq
    ServiceLayer
This project also contains the hibernate.cfg.xml file as follows:
Code:
<hibernate-configuration xmlns="urn:nhibernate-configuration-2.2">
  <session-factory name="VenusSQL2008">
    <property name="connection.provider">NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider</property>
    <property name="connection.driver_class">NHibernate.Driver.SqlClientDriver</property>
    <property name="connection.connection_string">Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=Venus;Integrated Security=true</property>
    <property name="dialect">NHibernate.Dialect.MsSql2008Dialect</property>
    <property name="show_sql">true</property>
    <property name="proxyfactory.factory_class">NHibernate.ByteCode.Castle.ProxyFactoryFactory, NHibernate.ByteCode.Castle</property>
  </session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>

When I run this test in the debugger I receive the exception "Unable to locate persister: Venus.DataTransferObjects.History.History". I am unsure if this is a problem with my namespaces or a configuration issue but I am having difficulty finding much information on the web regarding this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Post subject: [Resolved] Unable to locate persister
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:22 am 

I figured out the problem. I was missing an mapping assembly in the hibernate.cfg.xml file for my DataTransferObjects assembly.

My configuration now looks like:
Code:
<hibernate-configuration xmlns="urn:nhibernate-configuration-2.2">
  <session-factory name="VenusSQL2008">
    <property name="connection.provider">NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider</property>
    <property name="connection.driver_class">NHibernate.Driver.SqlClientDriver</property>
    <property name="connection.connection_string">Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=Venus;Integrated Security=true</property>
    <property name="dialect">NHibernate.Dialect.MsSql2008Dialect</property>
    <property name="show_sql">true</property>
    <property name="proxyfactory.factory_class">NHibernate.ByteCode.Castle.ProxyFactoryFactory, NHibernate.ByteCode.Castle</property>

<mapping assembly="DataTransferObjects"/> <!-- This was missing -->
  </session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>

This now works for my test and data is being retrieved correctly.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]