-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need to know Nhibernate use with wcf
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:44 am 

Hi all,

I am new to using nhibernate ,I have heard that nhibernate with wcf has some issues . It is related to the serialization , that nhibernate conflicts with the serialization that wcf understands ? Is this true , if yes then please help me in resolving this issue , any link or example would be highly appreciated .

Furthermore, I was discussing with my technical lead the use of nhibernate , he argued me that heavy data will have a sure performance effect on the application if nhibernate is used , but I argued by telling him that lazy loading and eager loading should be used appropriately . But the lead argued that how wise it is to bring data using eager loading even when you do not need it , then we had an argument on an example that if A is a parent entity having 500000 child records then would it be wise by using eager loading to pre populate all the child records using the eager loading or would it be useful to lazy load those entities and generate 500000 queries every time you would access a child record of the parent ?

I went silent at that moment :S....please can anyone guide me that how to improve performance of an application that has massive data transfer ? any idea links would be highly appreciated. I am in favor of developing a product with nhibernate but I need solid answers to back my argument in order to develop a product using nhibenrate .

Please help me in these two issues .

Regards,
fad.

Post subject: Re: Need to know Nhibernate use with wcf
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:22 pm 

I use nhibernate with wcf without problems. The solution you can find here http://www.timvasil.com/blog14/post/2008/02/WCF-serialization-with-NHibernate.aspx

Post subject: Re: Need to know Nhibernate use with wcf
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:05 am 

Thank you for the reply , I went through the article ,Is there any demonstration that can be shown how to incorporate this IDataContractSurrogate example in a simple entity(having parent child one to many associations) that is being called via a wcf service to perform a CRUD operation .

Am desperately waiting for reply , as I think it is the Lazy Loading attribute makes some proxies on run time that the wcf is unable to serialize .I need a sample implementation of this IDataContractSurrogate . Please help in how to use it .

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]