-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: NHibernate - Architecture Question
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 am 

Hello,

Sorry if you've read all this and answered such before, but I'd value some learned opinions on my project.

We are developing a transaction processing and reporting system, which will require about 100-200 very tightly coupled tables in our data model. NHibernate seems perfect for us in providing ORM and database agnosticism.

Our current plan is to use WCF services and a WPF presentation layer. Now my only concern is that we are going to need a lot of data cached in our WPF front-end, and I'm wondering what the best approach for this is.

Obviously, if we have a tightly coupled data model, then caching becomes problematic as, for example most reference data will be cached, but only a subset of financial transactions (open ones) will be wanted in the front-end (to save memory).

So I guess the solution is to either go with a standard caching solution that ships over the data model as it is, but allows selective caching (any suggestions on your favourites?) or to implement another model layer on top of the data model for caching which removes the foreign key associations, and allows them to be reapplied in the front-end...

Sorry if I'm not making too much sense, but any suggestions on how you may have handled similar situations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
T

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]