-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Can many-to-one be mapped using "calculated" property?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:57 pm 

I have a legacy Oracle DB in which most tables have a composite id. The composite id usually consists of a company code and another identifying code. For example, the id for the "M_BANK" table consists of the company code (COMP_CODE) and the bank code (BANK_CODE). For each of these tables, I have defined a separate class to act as the Id, containing the properties that make up the composite id.

In this mapping file, you can see that I have a many-to-one (Currency) mapped using COMP_CODE and CUR_CODE (the elements of the composite key for M_CUR (Currency)).

Code:
<hibernate-mapping xmlns="urn:nhibernate-mapping-2.2" schema="delfour" default-cascade="save-update" auto-import="true">
  <class name="MT.Model.Bank, MT" lazy="false" table="M_BANK">
    <composite-id
            name="Id"
            class="MT.Model.BankId, MT">
      <key-property name="Company" type="string" column="COMP_CODE"/>
      <key-property name="BankCode" type="string" column="BANK_CODE"/>
    </composite-id>
    <property name="CurrencyCode" type="string" column="CUR_CODE" not-null="true" />
    <many-to-one name="Currency" class="MT.Model.Currency, MT" not-null="true" update="false" insert="false" cascade="none">
      <column name="COMP_CODE"/>
      <column name="CUR_CODE"/>
    </many-to-one>
    <many-to-one name="Company" class="MT.Model.Company, MT" not-null="true" update="false" insert="false" cascade="none">
      <column name="COMP_CODE"/>
    </many-to-one>
  </class>

However, I have a problem that I have not yet figured out how to resolve. My problem is that in many cases I don't want the COMP_CODE to be used to find the Currency object. Instead, I would like to use a "calculated" value in addition to the CUR_CODE. The reason for this is that multiple companies can be assigned what we call a "Global Company Code". If a company has one, that other value needs to be used to find the Currency object. Unfortunately, it is not stored in M_BANK.COMP_CODE. It is stored in "Bank.Company.GlobalCode".

So, if Bank.Company.GlobalCode has a value, I want to use that value to obtain the related Currency object, otherwise I want to use the CUR_CODE value.

I didn't include the mappings for Company and Currency because I didn't think that would be necessary, but I can post them if needed.

If there is a way to map this relationship, that would of course be my first choice. If not, I would love some suggestions on how best to accomplish this. I was looking into using the IInterceptor.OnPrepareStatement to alter the generated SQL, but I don't appear to have access to the positional parameters at that point, and I would prefer not to have to do something like that if possible.

Any help or advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]