-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Numeric Column with default values and searchable
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:48 am 

Hi,

i have a dashboard which shows the amount column which is of numeric type, there is a possibility of null values for amount in db, so i am showing null values as 0.00 thru my java code, while user searches the dashboard whose amount is 0.00 he needs to show all the 0.00 values(null values in DB).

i want a hibernate configuration to display the null numeric values as 0 (in read mode only) and when user searches on zero he can able to see those values.

I am asking this because i have lot of columns now of numeric type which needs to satisfy above functionality. Is it possible

Thanks in Advance.

Post subject: Re: Numeric Column with default values and searchable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:43 am 

hi,

I want to know when i fired Select HQL query the columns which are null should have default value..?

i am also used "column" element "default" attribute which is not working for me.

Post subject: Re: Numeric Column with default values and searchable
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:21 am 
Beginner
Beginner

You can provide an implementation of DiscriminatorType, and convert "null" to 0.00. But honestly, think twice before doing that :-) Most of the times, it is better to treat those special cases only in special places (like the UI or in the query the user is doing). Doing it "system wide" may not be a good solution.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]