-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Programmatic Configuration and Dynamic JDBC URL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:49 pm 

Howdy,

I'm using annotation's but I need to dynamically override/set hibernate.cfg.xml's /hibernate-configuration/session-factory/property[@name='connection.url'] during initialization.

I've tried a few strategies:

Load hibernate.cfg.xml And Override the Property:
Code:
Configuration config = new Configuration();
config.configure();
config.setProperty("hibernate.connection.url", "jdbc:sqlite:" + sqliteFilePath);
session = config.buildSessionFactory().openSession();

But that results in, org.hibernate.MappingException: An AnnotationConfiguration instance is required to use <mapping class="com.myproject.MyEntity"/>

Programmatically Load a Configuration:
Code:
Configuration config = new Configuration();
config.setProperty("hibernate.connection.driver_class", JDBC.class.getName());//   JDBC driver class
config.setProperty("hibernate.connection.url", "jdbc:sqlite:" + sqliteFilePath);//   JDBC URL
//more properties...
config.addClass(MyEntity.class);
session = config.buildSessionFactory().openSession();

But that'll try and load MyEntity.hbm.xml which does not exist (because I am using annotations).

I'm not sure what the magic mix is here, I'm sure it's possible... advice would be great!
--Thanks for reading :)

p.s. the documentation for Programmatic Configuration is HERE.

Post subject: Re: Programmatic Configuration and Dynamic JDBC URL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:47 pm 

Thanks for anyone who read this. I have a solution now...

Don't set a url in your hibernate.cfg.xml. Use AnnotationConfiguration, and set the hibernate.connection.url programmatically before you invoke .configure().
Code:
        AnnotationConfiguration annotationConfig = new AnnotationConfiguration();
        annotationConfig.setProperty("hibernate.connection.url", "jdbc:sqlite:" + sqliteFilePath);
        session = annotationConfig.configure().buildSessionFactory().getCurrentSession();

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:53 pm 

I got the same problem with the mapping , how did you solve this issue?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:16 pm 

AnnotationConfiguration annotationConfig=new AnnotationConfiguration();
annotationConfig.setProperty("hibernate.connection.datasource","java:comp/env/jdbc/YOURJNDINAME");
annotationConfig.setProperty("hibernate.show_sql", "false"); //add other properties if needed
annotationConfig.addAnnotatedClass(YOURANNOTATEDBEANCLASS); //add all classes JPA annotated
org.hibernate.SessionFactory sessionFactory=annotationConfig.buildSessionFactory();
//open session and good luck! :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]