-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multiple DB providers and DB selection
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:19 pm 

Good afternoon,

I have an application with a login page that allows you to select the DB you wish to connect to via a drop-down list.

What is the best way to accomplish this without imposing a fair amount of overhead for the other db providers that are not actually used during the lifecycle of the application (one and only one of the DB is ever actually used since it can only be selected at login)

Thanks in advance.

Whatty

Post subject: Re: Multiple DB providers and DB selection
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:57 pm 
Expert
Expert

I guess you could have a separate SessionFactory for each. Then only the database chosen ever has the SessionFactory for that db instantiated?

Post subject: Re: Multiple DB providers and DB selection
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:12 am 

I know this may seem like a very basic question and I apologize in advance, but I am fairly new to Hibernate and I haven't had much luck in finding out exactly how to do what you are proposing.

I am using Hibernate with Spring (also new to that) and I am not 100% sure how to control the instantiation of the SessionFactory, or do I instantiate both and dynamically select the session factory in my DAO object.

I am digging through the Spring documentation at the moment to dynamically parse a config file based upon the initial selection but thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Whatty

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]