-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Joined SubClass with a different identities.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:29 am 

Hi,

Is there any way where we can have joined subclass with a different primary key than the super class.

Eg:

Person Table
===========

Id -PK (ORACLE SEQ)
fname - VARCHAR
lname - VARCHAR

Customer Table
===========
Id - PK (ORACLE_SEQ)
prop1 - VARCHAR
prop2 - VARCHAR
personId - FK - Person(Id)

Having this kind of table structure, if we have to go with java classes like Person, and Customer extending Person the mapping strategy to be used is joined-subclass I suppose. But the subclass Customer's table has a different primary key to that of Person' table. Joined subclass doesn't seem to have any Id element to handle these kind of cases.

Is there any way to get around with this problem ?? We cant change the table structure since its a legacy system.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!!
Katta

Post subject: Re: Joined SubClass with a different identities.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:24 pm 

I am facing similar problem. I even tried using <join> tag provided in the hibernate mapping to join two tables and map it to one class, but this also won't work if primary keys are different in base class table and sub-class table.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]