-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate Database Connection Status
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:03 am 

Hi,

I'am using Hibernate 3.1.3 for for database interaction. I'am using c3p0 for connection pool strategy. I have a problem whenever we stop the database, we get exception, HiberbateException when operating on session objects,
like say on session.createQuery() method.

When the database connection is lost, I wish to check the exception if it occurred because of disconnection from database and customize my response. If it is because of disconnection, I wish to reconnect to database. How to know the database connectivity status in Hibernate?

Thanks,
Sanjeev Srinath

Post subject: Re: Hibernate Database Connection Status
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:02 am 
Regular
Regular

session.getconnection() gives you the Connection object, from this object you can get the status of connection

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:23 am 

Hey thanks for the reply. I already tried by getting session.connection() method, and tried to check the status by using connection.isClosed(), but it once again throws exception. Even if I initialize Connection object before the exception as well, it is showing the status based on the status of whether this connection is closed by session it was invoked on. I do not want the status of connection based on the session object, I wish to know the status of database connectivity if it is still present between application and database.

Hope you understand my requirement.

Thanks,
Sanjeev Srinath

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:56 am 

When you r using c3p0 , c3p0 will take care of refreshing your connection. you need to add configuration for c3p0 which refresh the connection after certain interval.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:16 am 

Ranveer, when I get disconnected, as the session object will raise the exception, so can I know the reason that the exception is raised because of database disconnection(like the database connection is lost because of the command from administrator)?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:56 am 

Hi Sanjeev,
I am not sure about Hibernate but if you check the log file c3p0 gives error about database connection status. Let me try?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]