-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: One-To-Many - Cascade problem
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:01 pm 

i have an object with a list of references to different concrete implementations of an abstract base class. when i try to remove a reference from the collection and saveOrUpdate() the object, the operation isn't cascaded and the referenced object isn't removed from the database. The referenced objects are ONLY removed if i remove all refernces from the list, but just one, doesn't work.

Mapping:

Code:

<composite-id access="property">
  <key-property name="key1" column="key_col1"/>
  <key-property name="key2" column="key_col2"/>
</composite-id>

<list name="values"
          lazy="false"
          cascade="save-update,delete,delete-orphan">
  <key not-null="true">
    <column name="key_col1"/>
    <column name="key_col2"/>
  </key>
  <list-index base="0" column="pos"/>
  <one-to-many class="AbstractAttributeValueObject"/>
</list>

Here, AbstractAttributeValueObject is the abstract base class. There exists several implementations mapped as <subclass> using the Table per Class Hiearchy - strategy.

What do i have to do so that the remove operation is cascaded and the refernced object is deleted from the database?

Right now i perform the following steps:

0. obtain session
    1. load object
    2. detach object, put it into user session
    3. remove references from list
    4. call saveOrUpdate() on a different hibernate session

chris

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]