-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Building Hibernate jar
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:13 am 

Hello everybody,
I'm new to this community and my first post is about building Hibernate (version 3.3.1.GA) from its source file with Maven. Running Maven was not so straightforward as I had to fix some issues whose solution I found by "googling" around: so now the build process completes successfully. However, the final result is a number of independent jars spread in different directories, such as:

hibernate-core-3.3.1.jar
hibernate-c3p0-3.3.1.jar
etc.

instead of one single jar archive, i.e. the ubiquitous "hibernate3.jar".

So, my question is: what is it that I have to do in order to build the single jar archive from the above set?

Thanks in advance,
Emmanuele

Post subject: Re: Building Hibernate jar
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:07 pm 
Expert
Expert

This is the process I follow and it gives me a jar (and source jar) that is usable. I haven't seen a how-to anywhere so this might not be the absolute 'correct' way.

From the root of the hibernate directory run "mvn clean install" to build the code and run the unit tests
From the root of the /distribution folder run "mvn assembly:assembly" to collect the individual jars into a single jar. It is found in /distribution/target
From the root of the hibernate directory run "mvn source:aggregate" to collect the source jars into a single jar. It is found in /target

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:30 am 

VampBoy wrote:
This is the process I follow and it gives me a jar (and source jar) that is usable. I haven't seen a how-to anywhere so this might not be the absolute 'correct' way

Me neither, there's no usable doc out there on this subject.

Anyway, thank you very much for your answer: it turned out to be exactly what I was looking for.

Regards
Emmanuele

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:23 am 
Regular
Regular

I'm also trying to build Hibernate Core and I am running into trouble. It's not clear from looking at the repository what I should check out. I tried:

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/core/trunk

and

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/hibernat ... e-3.3.2.GA

I followed the build instructions on the wiki, running mvn clean install on the root of my two checkouts. Both seemed to get pretty far, but neither one completed successfully. Different errors for each. Am I checking out the right stuff to build Core?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:53 am 
Regular
Regular

SOLVED.... for the 3.3.2.GA branch, anyway. I just needed to install poxml on my Linux box. Hmm, I wonder how people on Windows would get around this.

I'm still getting compile errors on trunk, but i guess that could be chalked up to normal bleeding edge instability...?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:00 am 
Expert
Expert

Make sure you're using a 1.5 jdk to compile.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:42 am 
Regular
Regular

VampBoy wrote:
Make sure you're using a 1.5 jdk to compile.

Thanks, yes, I am.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]