-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: "QueryException: could not resolve property" error
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:16 pm 

OK. I've scoured every bit of information I can find, and cannot find why I'm getting this error. I'm maintaining this project (not the original developer), so I've followed exactly what was in place on the existing project.

The error I'm getting is:
Code:
getMandatoryTrainingByMandatoryTrainingGroupId failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.QueryException: could not resolve property: mandatoryTrainingActive of: project.domain.employee.training.MandatoryTraining [select mandatoryTraining from project.domain.employee.training.MandatoryTraining mandatoryTraining

My hibernate mapping is as follows (non-relevant properties removed for space' sake):
Code:
<hibernate-mapping>
    <class name="project.domain.employee.training.MandatoryTraining" table="mandatorytraining" >
        <id name="id" type="int" column="mandatorytrainingid">
            <generator class="sequence">
                <param name="sequence">MandatoryTrainingID_seq</param>
            </generator>
        </id>
        <property name="mandatoryTrainingName" type="text">
            <column name="mandatorytrainingname" not-null="false"/>
        </property>
        <property name="mandatoryTrainingDesc" type="text">
            <column name="mandatorytrainingdesc" not-null="false"/>
        </property>
        <property name="mandatoryTrainingActive" type="project.persistence.support.BooleanToSmallInt">
             <column name="mandatorytrainingactive" not-null="true"/>
        </property>
    </class>
</hibernate-mapping>

The project.domain.employee.training.MandatoryTraining class inherits the project.base.domain.MandatoryTrainingBase abstract class, which contains the following definitions (Again, shortened):
Code:
public abstract class MandatoryTrainingBase extends project.domain.Domain {
    private Boolean mandatoryTrainingActive;
    public void setMandatoryTrainingActive(final Boolean isActive) {
       this.mandatoryTrainingActive = isActive;
    }
    public Boolean getMandatoryTrainingActive()
    {
       return this.mandatoryTrainingActive;
    }
}

The underlying database is PostgreSQL 8.1.9, with the field defined as:
mandatorytrainingactive, smallint, not null, default 1

I'm using Hibernate 3.2.4, Java 1.5.0_15.

What's baffling me is that I can properly access the property through normal java code, but the hibernate query is throwing this exception.

I'm not very familiar with hibernate, so I'm probably missing something terribly simple. Please help!

Thanks very much in advance.
-Doug

Post subject: Re: "QueryException: could not resolve property" error
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:23 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Code:
select -->mandatoryTraining<-- from project.domain.employee.training.MandatoryTraining mandatoryTraining

Shouldn't that be mandatoryTrainingActive instead?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:33 pm 

No. I'm modifying an existing query to select where the mandatoryTrainingActive field is true. Everything else is exactly as it should be for this query.

Also, the error has nothing to do with the mandatoryTraining object, but the new mandatoryTrainingActive field which I've added, and for some reason Hibernate cannot see.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:15 pm 

I ended up solving this problem last week.

The problem is that the original developers split the hibernate mappings out to a separate JAR file (and the mappings in the code base are ignored by the maven build script).

I ended up just extracting/editing/re-zipping the JAR file for now, and I'll fix the build script later.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]