-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Null value in DB2 results in errorcode -4220
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:39 am 

Hi,

I'm having an issue with null values in a DB2 database. I'm trying to read a 'SupplierPerson' from the database using:

Code:
public class SupplierPersonDAOHibernateImpl extends HibernateDaoSupport implements SupplierPersonDAO
public List findSupplierFromParameters(String name, String firstName, String custStreet) throws DAOException {
      try {

Object values[] = new Object[3];
values[0] = name;
values[1] = firstname;
values[2] = custStreet;

return getHibernateTemplate().findByNamedQuery("supplierPerson.findSupplierFromParameters", values);
      } catch (DataAccessException e) {
         throw new DAOException(e);
      }
   }

Code:
<class name="SupplierPerson" table="SOCTAR_FROM_SUPPLIER_TEST">
      <id name="custid" type="string" column="CUSTID" />
      <property name="name" type="string" column="NAME"/>
      <property name="firstname" type="string" column="FIRSTNAME"/>
      <property name="custStreet" type="string" column="CUSTSTREET"/>
      <property name="street" type="string" column="STREET"/>
</class>

And the query

Code:
<query name="supplierPerson.findSupplierFromParameters"><![CDATA[from SupplierPerson where name like ? and firstName like ? and custStreet like ?]]></query>

When one of the properties is 'null' in the database, I get this error:

Code:
Caught java.io.CharConversionException.  See attached Throwable for details. ERRORCODE=-4220, SQLSTATE=null; nested exception is com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.SqlException: [jcc][t4][1065][12306][3.52.95] Caught java.io.CharConversionException.  See attached Throwable for details. ERRORCODE=-4220, SQLSTATE=null

I don't understand why a null value seems to be such a problem.... If someone could help me...

Post subject: Re: Null value in DB2 results in errorcode -4220
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:18 am 

Ok,

I got the problem tracked down, the DBVisualer (to consult the DB2 Database) shows (null) values, but in fact there is a field in the database which has special characters in it such as é,è,à,ë,....

It seems that the com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver has a problem with it and it has nothing to do with Hibernate....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]