-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: One to one null or field value
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:20 am 

Hi all,

I am HB-Newbe.
Problem seems easy, only 2 tables to make a select: table person and table persondetails, 1:1, both with same ids as pk, in hybernate i made annotation one to one. Initially most persons have not a associated persondetail in the db.

I want get a list of all persons who have a specific field in persondetails set to false OR who have not (yet) a persondetails entry in the db.

Many thanks!

(ps: i managed to get the persons with persondetails-field false with a alias rsp additional "criteria.createCriteria(persondetails...," but i cant figure out how to combine that with a "OR persondetail is null":-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:49 pm 
Red Hat Associate
Red Hat Associate

Try something like:

select p from Person p where p.personDetails is null or p.personDetails.someField = false

I haven't tested this :) Generally I find HQL a lot simpler than Criteria...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]