-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Does @Type annotation work
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:41 pm 

Hibernate version: 3.2.6

Name and version of the database you are using: Derby

I am trying to use @Type annotation to use a custom UserType that maps Blob to byte[]. (See http://www.hibernate.org/73.html)

Here is the code that tries to use this annotation -

@TypeDefs (
{
@TypeDef(
name="MyBlob", typeClass=mypackage.MyBlobType.class
)
}
)

@Entity
@Table(name="MY_TABLE")
public class MyClass {

private byte[] _objData;

@Type(type="MyBlob")
public void setObjData(byte[] objData) {
this._objData = objData;
}

public byte[] getObjData() {
return _objData;
}
}

PROBLEM
------------
When I generate the ddl, the column corresponding to byte[] still gets mapped to varchar for bit data which is the default mapping for byte[] and not to Blob as per my custom user type.

Does anyone know if the @Type annotation works ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:23 am 

I'm using the @Type annotation right now. (With a couple caveats: on the current project, I'm not generating the DB, and I am not using the @Typedef annotation, but referring to the custom type class directly in the @Type annotation.)

I would try to reference the class directly in the @Type annotation and then look to the implementation of the TypeDef class for the problem.

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:42 am 

Thanks. I tried this without the typedef and referencing the custom type directly in the annotation.

I faced the same problems. Maybe I need to hand-code my DDL and things would work as normal after that ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]