-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lazy-load associations but not result of Session.load()
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:49 pm 

Objects returned from Session.load() appear to be lazy-loading proxies. This is problematic for me as Hibernate does not even check that the returned object exists (until a property of the object is accessed). Is it possible to disable this behavior at the application level, without also disabling all the collection and association lazy-loading (which is less problematic because failures are less likely)? I'm aware that I could replace all calls to Session.load with Session.get and do an explicit null check, but I'm wondering if there is another way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:31 pm 
Senior
Senior

Manual says this behaviour is intended, you should only use load if you know for sure the ID exists

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:30 pm 
Regular
Regular

Can you set the lazy=false for the top level object alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:37 pm 

lazy=false on each class might work -- though I was hoping for a global configuration setting... And this won't prevent lazy association (and collection) loading, will it?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]