-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Remove and Delete don't work in Many-to-Many relation
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:22 pm 

Hello everybody! I'm a beginner in Hibernate, so excuse me if i'm not specific enough in my explanations. So, like it's mentionned in the title of the topic, in Many-to-Many relation delete and remove don't work.

I have the following relationship between: A <---> B M:N

The entity A contains a set of <B> objects and idem B contains a set of <A> objects.

Delete and Remove work fine until I began to introduice inheritance for my entity B: indeed, an object B can be of several types.

B
/ | \
/ | \
B1 B2 B3

in the joinTable between A and B, there are B1 and B2 objects. Before the inheritance, i just remove the B objects who are type 2 , so my list of B objects displayed at screen contains only B object type 1. When I remove or delete, it works fine. Since the introduction of inheritance, in A object, i have two sets: one of B1 objects and an other of B2 objects: I don't take care about the set of B2 objects, only the set of B1 objects matters to me. So now, i display the list of B1 objects, which of course, contains only B1 objects. And now, remove and delete don't work. I post the following function Remove:

side of A object:

Code:
@ManyToMany(fetch = FetchType.LAZY, cascade = CascadeType.ALL)
   @JoinTable(name = "AB",   
         joinColumns = { @JoinColumn(name = "ANo") },
         inverseJoinColumns = { @JoinColumn(name = "BNo") })
         @Where(clause = "Btypeno=1")
   private Set<B1> b1 = null;

side of B1 Object:

Code:
@ManyToMany(mappedBy = "set B1 dans A", fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
   private Set<A> a = new HashSet<A>();

function remove:

Code:
public String removeBFromA() {

getContextA().getB1().remove(getContextB1());
      return "cCreateOrModifyA";
   }

In debug Mode, I can see that when I'm at the remove line, the B1 object is in the list once more. it seems remove doesn't want to work since I introduice the inheritance.

Someone has ever have this problem before? I'll be very glad if anybody could help me because I'm in training and i would finish my project!

Excuse me for my poor English, I'm french so don't be afraid if I use weird words or expressions.

Thanks for the future aid.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]