-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: How can CMT work with aggressive release mode
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:43 am 

A question regarding Container Managed Connections:

Hibernate docs (chapter 11.5) state that hibernate.connection.release_mode should not be set to after_transaction when using JTA. Indeed looking through the source, when using the CMTTransactionFactory the release_mode defaults to after_statement.

My question is, how can a transaction continue over several connections (as will happen with an aggressive release strategy) when not using an XA datasource? Surely the closing of the connection will commit the transaction and mean that it will not be possible to roll the transaction back as a whole.

As such, I would prefer to use after_transaction for my release mode, however the documentation states that this should not be used. Any ideas as to why this would be?
Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]