-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to include a cfg.xml into the hibernate.cfg.xml
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:33 am 

Hi what I've a modular application, and I wanna to include the moduleA-hibernate.cfg.xml into the main hibernate.cgf.xml, how can I do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:40 am 
Regular
Regular

u can't add hibernate.cfg.xml to another hibernate.cfg.xml file. to tackle this problem,

getConfiguration() from current SessionFactory and change as u like and rebuild by code.. that's a solution

for eg.,

Configuration cfg = new Configuration()
.addResource("Item.hbm.xml")
.addResource("Bid.hbm.xml");

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:53 am 

Ok, just one more question, there is a way to get the configuration from my SessionFactory. Because I'm using the hibernate.cfg.xml, that have all the basic configuration, and what I have to do to put the other's mapping was this:

Code:
configuration = new Configuration();
configuration.configure("hibernate.cfg.xml");

I do that because I've some dependence in the tables. And after thatI've add the resourses, but I see in the log that there is no SessionFactory selected, the message on the log was:

INFO Configuration:1419 - Configured SessionFactory: null

And after this message the tables are map.

So waht I really wanna do is get the configuration from my current SessionFactory (that have all the mapping from my cfg), so I can just add my others resources without havengi to reload all the hibernate config.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:12 am 
Regular
Regular

first build sessionFactory from Configuration Object. whenever u r going to add new resources, add it to that configuration and then rebuild sessionFactory.

i already searched for getting configuration object from sessionFactory, no use. thatz why i use procedure in my testing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:21 pm 

Ok thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]