-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: servletException while developing a basic hibernate web appl
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:51 am 

I am trying to build a basic hibernate web application, and I have followed the hibernate documentation at http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/reference/en-US/html/tutorial-webapp.html.
I am being able to fetch and insert values in the database but during implementation of the web application I am getting the following errors.

[javac] C:\Documents and Settings\ayansen\workspace\TestProject\src\eventPkg\EventManagerServlet.java:60: cannot resolve symbol
[javac] symbol : class ServletException
[javac] location: class eventPkg.EventManagerServlet
[javac] throw new ServletException(ex);
[javac] ^
[javac] 9 errors

I have tried adding the servlet.jar from my tomcat4 folder instead of the jsdk.jar as mentioned in the tutorial but the error persist. Could any one please help me out?

Thank you

Post subject: Re: servletException while developing a basic hibernate web
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:16 pm 
Senior
Senior

new_usr wrote:
I am trying to build a basic hibernate web application, and I have followed the hibernate documentation at http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/reference/en-US/html/tutorial-webapp.html.
I am being able to fetch and insert values in the database but during implementation of the web application I am getting the following errors.

[javac] C:\Documents and Settings\ayansen\workspace\TestProject\src\eventPkg\EventManagerServlet.java:60: cannot resolve symbol
[javac] symbol : class ServletException
[javac] location: class eventPkg.EventManagerServlet
[javac] throw new ServletException(ex);
[javac] ^
[javac] 9 errors

I have tried adding the servlet.jar from my tomcat4 folder instead of the jsdk.jar as mentioned in the tutorial but the error persist. Could any one please help me out?

Thank you

Where do you put servlet.jar? Have you added in your classpath when compiling the classes?

Post subject: thanks...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:04 am 

the problem was that the servlet.jar was not inside the lib folder where I had to place all my jars... Once I put it there the issue got resolved.

Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]