-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Websphere EntityManagerFactory creation problem
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:31 am 

Hello,

I am assigned a decision analysis resolution task for a new project in my company. I am evaluating Websphere Application Server v7.0 with Hibernate as JPA provider, and having some integration troubles.

Websphere cannot create an EntityManagerFactory and gives the following error.

Code:
CWWJP0009E: The server cannot create an EntityManagerFactory factory for the Frameworks persistent unit from the org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence provider in file:/C:/Documents and Settings/burak/IBM/rationalsdp/workspace/Frameworks/ejbModule/ module.

I found out that there are other people having exactly the same problem but I am not sure whether the source of the problem is a mistake by me, a bug in Websphere or Hibernate. Also you can check this post: http://groups.google.com/group/ibm.soft ... 0?lnk=raot

I have configured my persistence.xml as follows:

Code:
<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
   xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd"
   version="1.0">
   <persistence-unit name="Frameworks">
      <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
      <jta-data-source>jdbc/OracleJDBCDriverXADataSource</jta-data-source>
       <class>gov.tubitak.frameworks.domain.Framework</class>
       <exclude-unlisted-classes>true</exclude-unlisted-classes>
       <properties>
         <property name="hibernate.dialect"
            value="org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect"/>
      </properties>
   </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

And I have added the hibernate core, annotations and entitymanager jars to my EAR project.

Because of this problem EntityManager injection fails:

Code:
@PersistenceContext private EntityManager entityManager;

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:28 am 

btw i have managed to integrate the latest openjpa implementation the sam way. i have checked it out from its svn repo and it works fine with websphere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:54 am 

Hi.

Hope this helps yet.
I had the same problem (using WAS 6.1 level 6.0.21 and EJB 3 FP) and after investigate a little I´ve found at FFDC log:

Code:
------Start of DE processing------ = [13/02/09 08:58:21:160 BRST] , key = java.lang.NullPointerException com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAPUnitInfo.getFactory 773
Exception = java.lang.NullPointerException
Source = com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAPUnitInfo.getFactory
probeid = 773
Stack Dump = java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:114)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2101)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1325)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(AnnotationConfiguration.java:867)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:669)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:132)
   at com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAPUnitInfo.getFactory(JPAPUnitInfo.java:1191)
   at com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAPxmlInfo.extractPersistenceUnits(JPAPxmlInfo.java:348)
   at com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAScopeInfo.processPersistenceUnit(JPAScopeInfo.java:140)
   at com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAApplInfo.processModulePUs(JPAApplInfo.java:169)
   at com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAComponentImpl.startingDeployedModule(JPAComponentImpl.java:780)
   at com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAComponentImpl.stateChanged(JPAComponentImpl.java:646)
   at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.stateChanged(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1258)
   at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.fireDeployedObjectEvent(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:1148)
   at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.setState(DeployedModuleImpl.java:214)
   at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.start(DeployedModuleImpl.java:584)
   at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationImpl.start(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:832)
   at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.startApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:952)
   at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl$AppInitializer.run(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:2166)
   at com.ibm.wsspi.runtime.component.WsComponentImpl$_AsynchInitializer.run(WsComponentImpl.java:342)
   at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1473)

Dump of callerThis =
Object type = com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAPUnitInfo
com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAPUnitInfo@2f102f10

Exception = java.lang.NullPointerException
Source = com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAPUnitInfo.getFactory
probeid = 773
Dump of callerThis =
Object type = com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAPUnitInfo
com.ibm.ws.jpa.management.JPAPUnitInfo@2f102f10

So I get the source of the class "SettingsFactory" and there I found (lines 113 and 114):
Code:
108: boolean useJdbcMetadata = PropertiesHelper.getBoolean( "hibernate.temp.use_jdbc_metadata_defaults", props, true );
109:  if ( useJdbcMetadata ) {
110:        try {
111:             Connection conn = connections.getConnection();
112:              try {
113:                        DatabaseMetaData meta = conn.getMetaData();
114:                        databaseName = meta.getDatabaseProductName();

Somehow conn.getMetaData() is returning null, and then we have our NullPointerException indicated at the FFDC log.

To fix this, just include in your persistence.xml the property "hibernate.temp.use_jdbc_metadata_defaults" with value "false".

Bye!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]