-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Do I need a mapping file?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:44 am 

Hello,

I am new to Hibernate and need to get something up and running quickly for a test I am doing. I am getting this error:
javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: product is not mapped [FROM product p]

So I started looking around for "hibernate mapping" and took a look at the hibernate tutorial from here: http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/stable/ ... ml_single/

The entity class it uses looks nothing like mine. I based mine on one I found on the internet, and it looks like this:
Code:
package htest.pdtest;

import java.io.Serializable;
import javax.persistence.Entity;
import javax.persistence.GeneratedValue;
import javax.persistence.GenerationType;
import javax.persistence.Id;
import javax.persistence.Table;

@Entity
@Table(name="product")
public class Product implements Serializable
{
   private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
   private Long   m_id = -1L;
   private String   m_name;

public Product() {
      super();
   }
   public Product(String name) {
      super();
      m_name = name;
   }

@Id
   @GeneratedValue(strategy=GenerationType.AUTO)
   public Long getId() {
      return m_id;
   }
   public void setId(Long id) {
      m_id = id;
   }
   public String getName() {
      return m_name;
   }
   public void setName(String name) {
      m_name = name;
   }
}

The one in the Hibernate tutorial has none of the annotations, but does use a mapping file. Is it the case that you either have annotations or you use a mapping file?

Thanks,
Paul

Post subject: Re: Do I need a mapping file?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:17 pm 

My query should have been "FROM Product p" and not "FROM product p".

The reason I posted to the Hibernate forum was that hibernate classes were appearing on the stacktrace, but I didn't even know I was using Hibernate. I have done nothing explicit to do so. I just have a Session Bean and an Entity Bean deployed in JBoss AS 5. This is the first time I have used version 5 of JBoss, and it looks like it now uses Hibernate under the hood. I am used to JBoss 4.0.4 and EJB2.1. Seems things have changed quite a bit!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]