-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Help on join query
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:03 am 

In my system I have the following objects:

File
Category
User
Role
Permission

Files belong to one or more categories
Users can have one or more roles
A permission can refer to a file or a category of files (never both)
A permission can refer to a user or role (and so affecting all users in that role) (never both user and role)
Permission has 3 booleans, read, write, edit

I need a HQL query to get all files accessible by a user. It should return all files that have a read permission for that user or any of the roles assigned to the user and all files belonging to a category that has a read permission to that user or any of the roles assigned to the user.

I am pretty new to Hibernate/JBoss and I've been examining example queries but can't find anyone similar to this one... any directions/help?

thanks,
Ignacio

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]