-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: problem when using MySql Dialect
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:22 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi All,

when i use my application for hsqldb it workes fine using Hibernate.

but when i change the dialect to mysql one of its table creating problem others are working fine with it.

it throws the following error while creating that table
Code:
create table USER_VOICEMESSAGE (VOICEMESSAGEID bigint not null auto_increment, PHONEADDRESS varchar(50) not null, FILENAME varchar(50) not null unique, READ bit, ADDED_ON datetime not null, USERID bigint, primary key (VOICEMESSAGEID))
    -> ;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'READ bit, ADDED_ON datetime not null, USERID bigint, primary key (VOICEMESSAGEID' at line 1

i am using mysql-server-5.0.51a, and it is throwing this error on BOOLEAN value

let me know if you need more details.

Regards,
Sachin Parnami

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:09 am 
Expert
Expert

READ is a reserved word in MySQL. If you want to use it as a column name you need to quote it. Eg. `READ`.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:37 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Thanks for your Prompt reply it really helped :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]