-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Hello World said the n00b
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:01 pm 

Dear Hibernater.

First of all I hope that I have posted this the right place, and that even though I'm a new to hibernate and to this forum, I'll be lucky and get an ansvwer.

I have just gotten the so-far great book "Java Persistence with Hibernate", and right now I'm working trough the Hello World example in chapter two.
BUT I can't get passed this example. - I did tell you I was new didn't I? :-)

The problem is more subtle and I have searched and asked all over, but nothing valid has come trough.

Okay, for the problem; every time I run the example (I'm using Eclipse 3.4) my Java runtime crashes. I'm running on Vista, and a pop up saying "Java (TM) Platform SE Binary has stopped working...".
And everything of cause stops.
I have tried switching java version, PATH reference, to JRE's, and JDK's, and everything is the same.

By changing the log4j level to debug I'm able to see the following output, witch indicates that it is when a JDBC connection is about to be created.

Have any of you experienced anything like this, or have an idea why this is happening, and what I should try to make it work?

I thank you all in advance, and looking forward to get passed the Hello World, and be part of the community in the future.

Best regards

Asger

The output from the console:

Quote:
20:49:20,205 INFO Environment:543 - Hibernate 3.3.1.GA
20:49:20,211 INFO Environment:576 - hibernate.properties not found
20:49:20,215 INFO Environment:709 - Bytecode provider name : javassist
20:49:20,221 INFO Environment:627 - using JDK 1.4 java.sql.Timestamp handling
20:49:20,286 INFO Configuration:1460 - configuring from resource: /hibernate.cfg.xml
20:49:20,287 INFO Configuration:1437 - Configuration resource: /hibernate.cfg.xml
20:49:20,359DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:64 - trying to resolve system-id [http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-configuration-3.0.dtd]
20:49:20,515DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:66 - recognized hibernate namespace; attempting to resolve on classpath under org/hibernate/
20:49:20,516DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:76 - located [http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-configuration-3.0.dtd] in classpath
20:49:20,541DEBUG Configuration:1421 - hibernate.connection.driver_class=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
20:49:20,541DEBUG Configuration:1421 - hibernate.connection.password=
20:49:20,541DEBUG Configuration:1421 - hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost
20:49:20,541DEBUG Configuration:1421 - hibernate.connection.username=root
20:49:20,541DEBUG Configuration:1421 - hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5Dialect
20:49:20,542DEBUG Configuration:1620 - <-org.dom4j.tree.DefaultAttribute@142a80d [Attribute: name resource value "hello/Message.hbm.xml"]
20:49:20,542 INFO Configuration:586 - Reading mappings from resource : hello/Message.hbm.xml
20:49:20,545DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:64 - trying to resolve system-id [http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd]
20:49:20,545DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:66 - recognized hibernate namespace; attempting to resolve on classpath under org/hibernate/
20:49:20,545DEBUG DTDEntityResolver:76 - located [http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd] in classpath
20:49:20,612 INFO HbmBinder:322 - Mapping class: hello.Message -> MESSAGES
20:49:20,623DEBUG HbmBinder:1289 - Mapped property: id -> MESSAGE_ID
20:49:20,631DEBUG HbmBinder:1289 - Mapped property: text -> MESSAGE_TEXT
20:49:20,687DEBUG HbmBinder:1289 - Mapped property: nextMessage -> NEXT_MESSAGE_ID
20:49:20,687 INFO Configuration:1575 - Configured SessionFactory:
20:49:20,688DEBUG Configuration:1576 - properties: {hibernate.connection.password=, java.runtime.name=Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment, sun.boot.library.path=C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\jre\bin, java.vm.version=11.0-b15, hibernate.connection.username=root, java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc., java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/, path.separator=;, java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, file.encoding.pkg=sun.io, user.country=DK, sun.java.launcher=SUN_STANDARD, sun.os.patch.level=Service Pack 1, java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification, user.dir=C:\ADC\workspace\JDKTest, java.runtime.version=1.6.0_10-b33, java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment, java.endorsed.dirs=C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\jre\lib\endorsed, os.arch=x86, java.io.tmpdir=C:\Users\Asger\AppData\Local\Temp\, line.separator=
, java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc., user.variant=, os.name=Windows Vista, sun.jnu.encoding=Cp1252, java.library.path=C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\bin;.;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:/Program Files/eclipseJ2ee JBOSS/jre/bin/client;C:/Program Files/eclipseJ2ee JBOSS/jre/bin;C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\jre;C:\Sun\SDK\bin, java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification, java.class.version=50.0, sun.management.compiler=HotSpot Client Compiler, os.version=6.0, user.home=C:\Users\Asger, user.timezone=Europe/Paris, java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob, file.encoding=Cp1252, java.specification.version=1.6, hibernate.connection.driver_class=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, user.name=Asger, java.class.path=C:\ADC\workspace\JDKTest\bin;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\antlr-2.7.6.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\backport-util-concurrent.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\cfgatewayadapter.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\commons-codec-1.3.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\commons-collections-3.1.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\concurrent.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\dom4j-1.6.1.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\ejb3-persistence.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\flex-messaging-common.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\flex-messaging-core.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\flex-messaging-opt.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\flex-messaging-proxy.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\flex-messaging-remoting.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\hibernate3.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\hibernate-annotations.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\hibernate-commons-annotations.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\hibernate-entitymanager.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\hibernate-validator.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\javassist-3.4.GA.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\jta-1.1.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\log4j.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\slf4j-api-1.5.2.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\slf4j-log4j12.jar;C:\ADC\workspace\ADCDemo\WebContent\WEB-INF\lib\xalan.jar, hibernate.bytecode.use_reflection_optimizer=false, java.vm.specification.version=1.0, java.home=C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\jre, sun.arch.data.model=32, hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5Dialect, hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost, user.language=da, java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc., awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit, java.vm.info=mixed mode, java.version=1.6.0_10, java.ext.dirs=C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\jre\lib\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext, sun.boot.class.path=C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\jre\lib\resources.jar;C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\jre\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\jre\classes, java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc., file.separator=\, hibernate.session_factory_name=, java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi, sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle, sun.cpu.endian=little, sun.desktop=windows, sun.cpu.isalist=pentium_pro+mmx pentium_pro pentium+mmx pentium i486 i386 i86}
20:49:20,688DEBUG Configuration:1318 - Preparing to build session factory with filters : {}
20:49:20,688DEBUG Configuration:1153 - processing extends queue
20:49:20,688DEBUG Configuration:1157 - processing collection mappings
20:49:20,688DEBUG Configuration:1168 - processing native query and ResultSetMapping mappings
20:49:20,689DEBUG Configuration:1176 - processing association property references
20:49:20,689DEBUG Configuration:1198 - processing foreign key constraints
20:49:20,689DEBUG Configuration:1281 - resolving reference to class: hello.Message
20:49:20,696 INFO DriverManagerConnectionProvider:64 - Using Hibernate built-in connection pool (not for production use!)
20:49:20,696 INFO DriverManagerConnectionProvider:65 - Hibernate connection pool size: 20
20:49:20,696 INFO DriverManagerConnectionProvider:68 - autocommit mode: false
20:49:20,703 INFO DriverManagerConnectionProvider:103 - using driver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver at URL: jdbc:mysql://localhost
20:49:20,703 INFO DriverManagerConnectionProvider:106 - connection properties: {user=root, password=}
20:49:20,703DEBUG DriverManagerConnectionProvider:132 - opening new JDBC connection

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]