-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fetch joins, proxies and StatelessSession
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:19 pm 

Hi!

My case is as follows: We're using stateless Hibernate session to query large number of objects of type A together with their related objects (1-1 relations, but that's not essential). So my HQL looks more-less like this:

SELECT t1, t2, t3 FROM Type_A t1 LEFT JOIN FETCH t1.relation1 t2 LEFT JOIN FETCH t1.relation2 t3

The SQL generated looks OK, three tables were joined, all columns from those tables fetched. But when it comes to what objects Hibernate returns (through ScrollableResults if that matters) we have a problem. The main object is fine, but getRelation1() or getRelation2() return proxies instead of initialized target instances. Why? Of course stateless session is unable to initialize those proxies so we get an exception when try to access any of their properties.

Yes, we have lazy loading enabled in the mappings (cause most of the time we're using stateful sessions and don't want to eager fetch anything). But weren't JOIN FETCHes supposed to get all the data at once? If we already have all the data needed to create both main object and it's relations what's the point in creating proxies? What's worse uninitialized proxies - thus useless as stateless session can't do anything to initialize them.

And yes, I really want to use stateless session as I want to query really huge amounts of data and I want it quick (bypassing Hibernate'e events, caches, etc.).

Any ideas how to get rid of those proxies in that particular case?
Thx in advance,
Pawel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:25 am 

Hi again,

Does REALLY no-one has any idea what could I do with it? The problem persists :(

Thanks in advance :)
P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:13 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Did you find out how to by pass this issue? I am having the same problem and not sure why.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:20 am 

So someone found the problem ? I'm experiencing that too in a big select request, sometimes it returns me a proxy without possibilities to catch the object, whereas i had many request who worked correctly on same relation object ...

It looks like a CGLIb problem, or it's the scroll who desn't work correctly with Join conditions ?

Post subject: See issue HHH-3528
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 pm 

The problem seems to be due to a bug in StatelessSessionImpl. I attached a patch to fix it to issue HHH-3528 in JIRA (http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-3528). I don't guarantee that it doesn't break anything else, but it works for me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]