-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: getNextException SQLGrammarException
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:04 am 
Regular
Regular

How can I get the nextException from a SQLGrammarException?

I use Hibernate and want to store a record and get the following exception. (I know the meaning of SQL Error -301, but I cannot find the field which has a false datatype. So I need the getNextException to know which field is wrong.)

Code:
08:01:25,733 WARN  [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: -99999, SQLState: null
08:01:25,733 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Non-atomic batch failure.  The batch was submitted, but at least one exception occurred on an individual member of the batch. Use getNextException() to retrieve the exceptions for specific batched elements.
08:01:25,733 WARN  [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: -301, SQLState: 07006
08:01:25,733 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Error for batch element #0: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -301, SQLSTATE: 07006, SQLERRMC: 10
08:01:25,733 ERROR [AbstractFlushingEventListener] Could not synchronize database state with session
org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
   at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:67)
   at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
   at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.executeBatch(AbstractBatcher.java:253)
   at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.prepareStatement(AbstractBatcher.java:92)

Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
   at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:67)
   at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
   at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.executeBatch(AbstractBatcher.java:253)
   at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.prepareStatement(AbstractBatcher.java:92)
   at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.prepareStatement(AbstractBatcher.java:87)
   at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.prepareBatchStatement(AbstractBatcher.java:222)
   at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.insert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2224)
   at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.insert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2660)
   at org.hibernate.action.EntityInsertAction.execute(EntityInsertAction.java:56)
   at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.execute(ActionQueue.java:250)
   at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:234)
   at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:141)
   at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:298)
   at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:27)
   at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:1000)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.flush(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:296)
   ... 149 more
Caused by: com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.ge: Non-atomic batch failure.  The batch was submitted, but at least one exception occurred on an individual member of the batch. Use getNextException() to retrieve the exceptions for specific batched elements.
   at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.j.a(j.java:397)
   at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.id.b(id.java:2935)
   at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.id.a(id.java:2704)
   at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.id.executeBatch(id.java:2516)
   at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.id.executeBatch(id.java:1348)
   at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedStatement.executeBatch(WrappedStatement.java:519)

Now, I want the to "Use getNextException() to retrieve the exceptions for specific batched elements". But this does not print the nextException to my console:
Code:
public void save()
{
try {
//save the record
}
catch (SQLGrammarException ex)  {

while(ex != null) {
                         java.lang.System.out.println(ex.getSQLException().getNextException());
throw (SQLGrammarException) ex;
}
}

But this does not work. The same stacktrace without the "getNextException" occurs. But I need the getNextException to find out, what s wrong.

How can I get the getNextException()???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:17 am 
Regular
Regular

Can I catch a SQLGrammarException in this case? Or must I catch JDBCExceptionReporter or something else? I have no clue.

It strange that I can not get the next SQLException in Hibernate. Is this not possible?

Post subject: Re: getNextException SQLGrammarException
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:09 am 

Please try catch "JDBCException" and use the method "getSQLException().getNextException()" to meet you need.
For example:
try{ .......... } catch (JDBCException jdbce) { jdbce.getSQLException().getNextException().printStackTrace() }

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]