-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: String array mapping-id field (i.e primary key) definition
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:25 pm 

1) If I map an array type field to a separate table ( not the parent table), is there a way to define the primary key field (i.e "id" field) of the child table? The <array> element does not allow an <id> nested element.

2) Is the use of <element> the correct way to map the value of the array type field?

Note that I don't want to use components because i am using table per inheritance hierarchy and only one type in the hierarchy has a range field.

// class definition
Code:
public class Person{
  String id;
  String name;
  String[] range;
}

// mapping:
Code:
<class ...>
   <subclass name="Person" table="PERSON>
       <id name="id" column="PERSON_ID/>
       <property name="name" column="PERSON_NAME/>

<array name="range" table="RANGE_VALUES" cascade="all">
                <key column="person_id" />
                <list-index column="range_index" />
                <element column="RANGE_VALUE" type="string">   
                               </element>
                          [b] <!-- Shouldn't there be an "<id>" element definition here that defines primary key-"RANGE_ID" for the RANGE_VALUES TABLE? --> [/b]
   </array>

// sql DDL
Code:
create table RANGE_VALUES (RANGE_ID Number(5), RANGE_INDEX Number(*,0), PERSON_ID VARCHAR2(20) foreign key..., RANGE_VALUE VARCHAR2(10) );

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]