-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Trouble with Simple Shopping Cart App
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:45 am 

Hi - So, I have built a simple shopping cart app with Hibernate 3, MySQL 5 and Tomcat 6. Now, the crazy thing is that when I start modifying the cart, removing or adding items, things get out of wack fairly quickly and the list of items may be right or wrong. In fact, if I simply reload the cart page, there is a very good chance that the list of items in the cart may change. In the database, the number of items associated with the cart always seems to be right.

I am doing a simple app, analogous to the first hibernate app in the product documentation. Each time I modify the cart I am committing to the db (flush mode commit and commit the transaction). I am certainly not detaching and doing work outside the session, or anything like that.

And I am using a plain JNDI resource for tomcat.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]