-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: property-ref equivalent with annotations
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:07 am 

Hi guys,

I'm a little new to Hibernate, so thought I would try testing my knowledge by moving some of the hibernate mappings from hb.xml files to java annotations.

I am stuck on one issue, where I want to create a many-to-one relationship from one class, Trade, to another Instrument. However, I don't want to reference the primary key, but a seperate unique column.

In the old mapping (which works), I used:

Code:
<class name="com.....Trade" table="Trade">
     <many-to-one name="instrument" column="instrumentID" property-ref="instrumentID" class="com.....Instrument"/>
</class>

Column 'instrumentID' is not the primary key in the Instrument mapping, but just a normal property (the unique constraint is set at the database level).

In the Trade class, I have annotated as following:

Code:
   @ManyToOne( cascade = {CascadeType.PERSIST, CascadeType.MERGE},targetEntity=Instrument.class)
    @JoinColumn(name="instrumentID")

public Instrument getInstrument()
    {
        return instrument;
    }

I understand that this means the join column is Trade.instrumentID, but what annotation do I use to show that the column it is linking to is Instrument.instrumentID and not, InstrumentID?

It is throwing this error: 'No row with the given identifier exists: [com.....Instrument#3886092]', I assume because it is looking for something with PK matching 3886092 and not instrumentID.

I have tried various different properties, but each results in an error. Any solution or tutorial link would be well appreciated.

Cheers,
David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:10 am 

I am willing to offer credits for a solution to this ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]