-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: *** inverse="true" exact usecase
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:42 am 

Hi,

I have an Account and Detail tables with one-to-many association.

Table 1:

Name : Account
Columns: account_id
account_name

Table 2:

Name: Detail
Columns : detail_id
detail_name

1) Account is having a SET to maintain Details.Detail will be having a reference to Account.I can get the set of Details from Account object.,from the other side I will be getting account object for every Detail Object.

2)In the Account.hbm.xml files :

<set name="detail" cascade="all" lazy="false">
<key column="account_id" not-null="true"/>
<one-to-many class="Detail"/>
</set>

In the Detail.hbm.xml files.

<many-to-one name="account" column="account_id”
class="account" not-null="true" lazy="false" />

3) According to many articles, here I should go for Bi-directional association and make
<many-to-one> inverse=”true”.I should update on bothsides account.setDetails(<set>Detail) and Detail.setAccount(account)

I am not doing the above, still I am able to satisfy the requirement.

Queries :

1) Can u please explain me the use of birectional association instead of going in my way as two unidirectional (one-to-many and many-to-one) associations.

2) I am not updating the both sides of the association at any time.Can u please tell me what is the requirement to do so?

Thanks
Babu

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]