-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: @ManyToOne between entities in two different jars
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:45 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hello,

I use Hibernate as JPA implementation and I need to create a @ManyToOne link between two entities in two different jars. But I can't find the way to do this. On server startup (OpenEJB used for unit tests in a Maven project) I have the following exception :

Code:
org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: createApplication.failed [C:\Documents\t4-core-commons\core\target\classes]: org.hibernate.AnnotationException: @OneToOne or @ManyToOne on t4.core.commons.reasonInstruction.internal.Reason.process references an unknown entity: t4.core.utils.process.internal.Process: @OneToOne or @ManyToOne on t4.core.commons.reasonInstruction.internal.Reason.process references an unknown entity: t4.core.utils.process.internal.Process
   at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:592)
   at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.buildContainerSystem(Assembler.java:338)
   at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.build(Assembler.java:250)
   at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB$Instance.<init>(OpenEJB.java:149)
   at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB.init(OpenEJB.java:288)
   at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB.init(OpenEJB.java:267)
   at t4.core.commons.test.OpenEjbBootstrap.startAndDeployResources(OpenEjbBootstrap.java:22)
   at t4.core.commons.test.OpenEjbSeamTest.startJbossEmbeddedIfNecessary(OpenEjbSeamTest.java:59)
   at org.jboss.seam.mock.AbstractSeamTest.startSeam(AbstractSeamTest.java:914)
   at t4.core.commons.test.OpenEjbSeamTest.startSeam(OpenEjbSeamTest.java:35)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
   at org.testng.internal.MethodHelper.invokeMethod(MethodHelper.java:580)
   at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurationMethod(Invoker.java:398)
   at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurations(Invoker.java:145)
   at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurations(Invoker.java:82)
   at org.testng.SuiteRunner.privateRun(SuiteRunner.java:262)
   at org.testng.SuiteRunner.run(SuiteRunner.java:191)
   at org.testng.TestNG.createAndRunSuiteRunners(TestNG.java:808)
   at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesLocally(TestNG.java:776)
   at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:701)
   at org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGExecutor.run(TestNGExecutor.java:77)
   at org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.TestNGXmlTestSuite.execute(TestNGXmlTestSuite.java:92)
   at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:177)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
   at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:334)
   at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:980)
Caused by: org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: org.hibernate.AnnotationException: @OneToOne or @ManyToOne on t4.core.commons.reasonInstruction.internal.Reason.process references an unknown entity: t4.core.utils.process.internal.Process: @OneToOne or @ManyToOne on t4.core.commons.reasonInstruction.internal.Reason.process references an unknown entity: t4.core.utils.process.internal.Process
   at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:459)
   ... 31 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.AnnotationException: @OneToOne or @ManyToOne on t4.core.commons.reasonInstruction.internal.Reason.process references an unknown entity: t4.core.utils.process.internal.Process
   at org.hibernate.cfg.FkSecondPass.doSecondPass(FkSecondPass.java:56)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.processFkSecondPassInOrder(AnnotationConfiguration.java:428)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.secondPassCompile(AnnotationConfiguration.java:286)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildMappings(Configuration.java:1115)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildMappings(Ejb3Configuration.java:1233)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.EventListenerConfigurator.configure(EventListenerConfigurator.java:154)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.configure(Ejb3Configuration.java:869)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.configure(Ejb3Configuration.java:407)
   at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:126)
   at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.PersistenceBuilder.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceBuilder.java:183)
   at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:454)
   ... 31 more

Is it posssible to link JPA entities from different jars ?

Thanks in advance,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:00 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I found part of the solution ...

In persistence.xml file you can define a list of additional classes for a persistence unit thanks to class tag. Something like this :

Code:
<persistence-unit name="t4Seam">
   <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
   <jta-data-source>java:/jdbc/t4Seam</jta-data-source>
   <class>t4.core.utils.process.internal.Process</class>
   <class>t4.core.utils.process.internal.ProcessFeature</class>
   <class>t4.core.utils.process.internal.ProcessSetting</class>
   <class>t4.core.utils.process.internal.ProcessTemplate</class>
   <class>t4.core.utils.right.internal.Role</class>
   <class>t4.core.utils.right.internal.ProcessRight</class>
   <properties>
      <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="update"/>
      <property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="false"/>
   </properties>
</persistence-unit>

Then you just have to add the jars containing theses classes to the classpath then it works.

Problem is that it's not a very good solution from a maintenance point of view : if I add new entities to the other jar, I will have to add them by hand in persistence.xml to ensure they are known by my persistence unit. So what I need is to tell Hibernate to scan a jar to retrieve EJB3 entities. For what I understood, this is what jar-file is made for. So I changed my persistence.xml file this way :

Code:
<persistence-unit name="t4Seam">
   <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
   <jta-data-source>java:/jdbc/t4Seam</jta-data-source>
   <jar-file>t4-core-utils-core-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar</jar-file>
   <properties>
      <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="update"/>
      <property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="false"/>
   </properties>
</persistence-unit>

But I can't make it work ... It can't find my jar and I have no idea how to solve this. The easiest way would be that Hibernate scans for classpath, but it looks this is not the case : it uses a relative path to retrieve the jar. The problem is that I use Maven to manage depencencies for my project and so I can't access the jar using a relative path ... Anyone has an idea how I could do this ? Is there a way to tell Hibernate that it should look for the jar in classpath ?

Thanks in advance
Merci d'avance ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]