-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Newbie Hibernate theory
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:05 pm 

Hello.
My name is Steve.
I look forward to further understanding the Hibernate sys.

I have examined one tutorial and I just have a theory on the general nature if the hibernate system.

corrections on my assumption would be appreciated Or an informative link or tutorial

In my brief study I noticed an hbm.xml with a <generator class "increment> that to me allows setting a primary key and <properties to form a query then there is a session bean that collects getters and setters from entity classes via a set or list. then the JSP excepts the data in a table for example. Now how it does this and the construction of set or list and the [] and how (most confusing) the JSF web page gets a row of data and then another and so on and so on ,is unclear. I can conceive sending it one row but to flush something to the webpage and the creation of an implicit SQL(HQL) query isn't viable to me in the code but my tutorial populates a table do to a query somehow.
Well.
That is my first assumption so it is clear I need to work with it much more.
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
-Thanks
-Steve

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]