-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to select rows by a list of composite ids?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:50 am 

I'm using Hibernate 3.2.5 and class annotations for defining my mappings.
I have a class with a 2 field composite id, which I define via an @Embeddable
PK class containing the 2 fields. The PK class is then specified as the @Id field in it's parent class. ie:

@Entity
@Table(name="PAYMENT")
@NamedQuery(name="payments.by.pks", query="from Payment pay where pay.id in (:pkList)")
public class Payment {

@Id
private PaymentPK pk;

// other fields....

}

@Embeddable
public class PaymentPK implements Serializable {

@Column(name = "CashflowId")
public String paymentId;

@Column(name = "VersionNumber")
public int versionNumber;

// implementations of equals and hashcode, getters, setters....

}

Ideally I want to be able to pass a list of composite id classes to a Hibernate namedQuery to return the list of matching rows. The raw sql for this query is of the form:

select * from PAYMENT p where ((p.idField1 = 'x' and p.idField2 = 'y') or (p.idField1 = 'a' and p.idField2 = 'b'))

When I execute
findByNamedQueryAndNamedParam("payments.by.pks","pkList", pks) where pks is a List<PaymentPK> the SQL which is generated is :

select xyz, abc
from
PAYMENT payment0_
where
(
payment0_.CashflowId, tiwpayment0_.VersionNumber
) in (
(
?, ?
) , (
?, ?
)
)

Running against Sybase 12.5 this generates a com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybSQLException: Incorrect syntax near ','. error.

Is this a bug in Hibernate? Am I doing something wrong? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:13 am 

Can no one answer this question? Could this be due to the fact that the Sybase driver is broken?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:49 am 

I'm still struggling with this problem... Can anyone please help??? I can't believe I'm the only one who has wanted to do this kind of query!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]