-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multiple instances of the same webapplication
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:13 am 

Hi,

My question is only partially related to Hibernate, but I hope you already solved this issue.

I'd like to run multiple instances of my web application with different configuration. The same classes (same hibernate mapping), but using different database. Each application instance should have a unique name and I like to make available instances under different context root.

What are your suggestions, what are the best practices to achieve this behavior?

What I already noticed that hibernate doesn't allow to map the same POJO more than one event the database configuration is different.

Basically I'd like to achieve that different application instances "feels" that they are running in separate jvm.

Thanks for advices,
Zsolt
Related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:21 am 
Expert
Expert

Will this be one application that feels like multiple, or will you physically deploy separate war files?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:18 pm 

Actually we are studying the alternatives.
The goal is to run exactly the same application (same classes, but with different database and very different configuration (complex workflow definition). We have an Application class, which is responsible to install, configure and run the other application components.

These are the alternatives, what we are investigating:
- Run kind of proxy/management application which is responsible to install (instantiate) new Application objects with different configuration. Here this proxy/management application should start the applications in different processes. We consider to use multi process JVM.

- Just copy and rename our application.war and deploy under a different context.

- Start a new TomCat for each application instance

I prefere the first solution if it is feasible. Be we have no experience with this solution.

Cheers,
Zsolt

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]