-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: detachedcriteria & restriction by class problem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:30 pm 

Hibernate version: 3.1.3
database: Oracle 10g

I've got a DetachedCriteria query as follows (note the Restrictions.ne("class"...):

DetachedCriteria criteria = DetachedCriteria.forClass(PantryFood.class);
criteria.add(Property.forName("pantry").eq(pantry))
.createCriteria("foodServing.food")
.add(Restrictions.like("title", freetext, MatchMode.ANYWHERE))
.add(Restrictions.ne("class", Recipe.class))
.addOrder(Order.asc("title"));

This produces the following SQL (no problem here):

select
this_.pantry_food_id as pantry1_20_1_,
this_.pantry_id as pantry2_20_1_,
this_.food_id as food3_20_1_,
from
pantry_food this_
inner join
food food1_
on this_.food_id=food1_.food_id
where
this_.pantry_id=?
and food1_.title like ?
and food1_.FOOD_TYPE_CODE<>?
order by
food1_.title asc

The problem appears with the value that gets bound to the "class" restriction-- RECIPE, which is the correct discriminator value, is wrapped in two sets of singlequotes rather than just one:

13030 [2008-06-11 11:59:38,442] [main] DEBUG org.hibernate.type.LongType - binding '55276' to parameter: 1
13030 [2008-06-11 11:59:38,442] [main] DEBUG org.hibernate.type.StringType - binding '%cheese%' to parameter: 2
13046 [2008-06-11 11:59:38,458] [main] DEBUG org.hibernate.type.StringType - binding ''RECIPE'' to parameter: 3

I suppose I can do something similar with a sqlRestriction, but I'd love to understand why this is happening. Can anyone clarify?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]