-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Insert from SELECT with subquery using HQL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:07 pm 

I'm attempting to do a batch insert from a query using HQL. However, I'm not getting the results I expect. Here's the HQL query I'm attempting to use:

Code:
return session.createQuery("insert into ListingUrl (campaignUrl, listingTarget) " +
                                           "select c, t " +
                                           "from CampaignUrl as c, ListingTarget as t " +
                                           "where c.id in (:campaignIds) " +
                                           "and t.listingUid in (:listingUids) " +
                                           "and not exists (" +
                                           "   select 1 " +
                                           "   from ListingUrl u " +
                                           "   where u.listingTarget = t " +
                                           "   and u.campaignUrl = c)")
                    .setParameterList("campaignIds", campaignIds)
                    .setParameterList("listingUids", listingUids)
                    .executeUpdate();

This generates the following SQL (HSQLDB dialect)

Code:
insert into listing_url ( id, campaign_url_id, listing_uid )
select next value for lurl$listing_url_id$seq, campaignur0_.id as col_0_0_, listingtar1_.listing_uid as col_1_0_
from campaign_url campaignur0_, listing_target listingtar1_
where (campaignur0_.id in (? , ?)) and (listingtar1_.listing_uid in (? , ? , ?))
and  not (exists (
  select 1
  from listing_url listingurl2_
  where listingurl2_.listing_uid=listing_uid
  and listingurl2_.campaign_url_id=id))

Notice that the subquery is missing the aliases for campaignur0_ and listingtar1_. The WHERE clause in the subquery should read:

Code:
where listingurl2_.listing_uid=listingtar1_.listing_uid
and listingurl2_.campaign_url_id=campaignur0_.id

If I execute the SELECT statement by itself (e.g. without the insert), it returns the results I would expect. And if I manually run the SQL with the aliases added, the correct results are returned.

I couldn't find anything in the documentation that would explain this behavior. Any reason the SQL generated for this insert is different than when running the SELECT by itself? Perhaps I'm missing something in the HQL?

Any help would be appreciated!

David

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]