-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Trouble generating .sql file running hbm2ddl from ant task
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:40 am 
Beginner
Beginner

What I would like to do is run the ANT task hibernatetool to run hbm2ddl to generate a 'DELTA' file, giving me the neccessary updates to the current schema in a .sql file while not performing any database update literally.

I have been using this code (see below) successfully to generate a complete schema (schemaexport), but when I add the update="true" parameter (schemaupdate) it does not generate any file even though there were updates made to an Entity bean ( I simply added a column).

I can see from the console that when the ant task runs schemaupdate there IS an alter table statement generated, but no sql file is produced. If I set export=true it WILL update the database...but still will not generate a file

If I remove the update=true parameter, then a complete schema is generated and a file is produced.

Am I missing something? Is it possible to generate an update-ddl.sql file that contains only the 'delta' of updates to the current schema using an ANT TASK?

This is the code I am using - works perfect sans update=true, but with update=true it does not generate a file.

Code:
<target name="schemaexport" depends="local"
        description="Exports a generated schema to DB and file">

<hibernatetool destdir="${basedir}">
            <classpath path="${web.home}/WEB-INF/classes"/>
            <jpaconfiguration persistenceunit="myApp"/>
            <hbm2ddl
                drop="true"
                create="true"
      update="true"
                export="false"
                outputfilename="${app.name}update-ddl.sql"
                delimiter=";"
                format="true"/>
        </hibernatetool>
    </target>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]