-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: API to get all supported dialects
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:18 pm 

I want to list all the supported dialect classes in a ComboBox. Is there an API to get all the supported Dialects? Thanks!

Dongmei

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:13 am 

Well, if you browse the API documentation there's an object called DialectFactory in the org.hibernate.dialect package, that can be used to build Dialect objects, so logically it should have some knowledge of what dialects are available for creation. You can't retrieve this information via its public API though. However, if you view the source code of DialectFactory it contains a private Map (HashMap) that maps database engines to their respective Dialect classes - accompanied by a nice little TODO that suggest this information may be moved to a public properties file in the future. I think for now your best bet would be to retrieve this Map via reflection, as it seems to contain exectly the information you are after.

Edit: Having taken a closer look, this Map doesn't contain all the available Dialects afterall. Well, so much for that idea :)

Post subject: API to get all supported dialects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:54 pm 

Thanks for the try and information. I guess I'll hard code the dialect classes into a String[] for now.

Dongmei

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]