-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: PermGen Exception
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:04 am 

Hi to all.

I started to use Hibernate in a JSF application running on Tomcat and I catched "PermGen" Exception.
I made some researches and it seems that the problem is generated by cglib that does not release resources.

I tried to add the following lines in hibernate.cfg.xml

<property name="hibernate.bytecode.provider">cglib</property>
<property name="hibernate.cglib.use_reflection_optimizer">false</property>

but I red in Hibernate documentation that the second one has to be set as a JVM parameter and it's impossible for me because my application is running on a ISP.

In my code I never close my hibernate sessions (if i close sessions, when I fetch results from a query that return a List I get exceptions) .

I use Tomcat, Hibernate 3, cglib-2.1.3.jar.

Is there a configuration that can run without "PermGen" problems?

I am very interesting in Hibernate but at the moment I can't use it.

I thank you in advance,
Riccardo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]