-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: stored procedures + distrib cache + ejb3 + hibernate
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:48 pm 

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to use stored procedures + distrib cache + ejb3 + hibernate.

Scenario:
the SF ejb3 should call jee5 (hibernate's) persistence manager native query which should do for example update through stored procedure which I have to use in my architecture.

My question is if the cluster (based on hibernate's 2nd level cache) will able to handle it and if this is 'cluster-safe' ...

Sorry if I'm not clear enough in my question ... please let me know if you need more information.

thanks a lot!

Rob

Post subject: Re: stored procedures + distrib cache + ejb3 + hibernate
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:58 pm 
Expert
Expert

Your cache won't get notified of the changes the SP makes in db neither will HB. You will have to do either of these things:

1- manually evict those classes from L2 Cache
2- load the affected objects right after the SP call
3- cache those objects in a short life span cache region and be prepared for inconsistencies.

Farzad-

Post subject: Re: stored procedures + distrib cache + ejb3 + hibernate
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:00 pm 
Expert
Expert

farzad wrote:
2- load the affected objects right after the SP call

Forget this option. It might hit a local cache entry.

Farzad-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]