-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: WHY THIS FORUM DOESN'T WORK ?!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:54 am 
Regular
Regular

I must say that after asking few questions, I didn't get any answer to those questions, even if they questions were easy to answer. I'm wondering why Hibernate team cannot have someone to answer these questions, because there are lot of big and important projects that uses Hibernate and they are stuck for days because some problem with Hibernate. I didn't see also on the other tech. related forums that questions are not answered like here.

Post subject: Re: WHY THIS FORUM DOESN'T WORK ?!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:17 pm 
Expert
Expert

This forum is the community support not hibernate team support. I do beleive there are some commercial supports that best fit into a business need. However, I am surprised you have not gotten any answer to your question since I know me and a couple of other dudes scan the questions in this forum. I still don't know why we do it but we do. So, you might have been unlikely. Try reposting your question and be patient. Hibernate question might be a little bit different from other forums' questions because a HB db usually inherits a hidden db schema and it takes some thinking before giving answer to someone. I am trying to say it is a little hard so you might have a different experience here.

In any events, repost your question and your questions will be answered.

Farzad-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:47 pm 
Pro
Pro

I think Milan is quite right - this forum sometimes (or often?) lets you stand in the rain. If you look over the topics statistics you can see that a lot of posts are read by forum users, but you often see there is no one answering.

Looking at the questions coming in each day, you notice two things. First, there seem to be a lot of newbies making their first experiences with Hibernate, either as simple attempts playing around with Hibernate basics, or either people who do their first real world project with the tool. And they all notice that it is quite a different thing to just get some simple examples running and to have some real world problems solved with Hibernate. And that's where you might fall into a hole, when you hope to get your problems you meet on your job solved with the help of a friendly community.

Second, I suppose there are a lot of people who have some years of experience with Hibernate, but they do not hang around (anymore) with this forum. And the Hibernate team members themselves might not have the time to answer the same old questions that newbies always run into. BTW, searching the forum with the search tool is a pain. Either you find nothing or you get to many matches which really don't match.

Anyway, I also had the experience that this forum is not what one would expect from a heavily used open source tool. Compare it to, say Ruby or Groovy, and you see the difference.

@Farzad: I can see very well that you and two or three other guys seem to be the exception!

Carlo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]