-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Query problem with a constructor receiving associated entity
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:42 pm 

I am using OneToOne between entity 'Product' and 'Photo'. One product can have no photos, or only one photo.

Mapping annotations:
Code:
public class Product{
   private Photo photo;

public Product(String id, ... , Photo photo){
      this.photo=photo;
   }

@OneToOne
   @JoinColumn(name="DEFAULT_PHOTO_ID")
   public Photo getPhoto() {
      return photo;
   }
}

public class Photo{
}

As above, there's a constructor in Product which allows me to pass a Photo into it.
I tried to list some columns of ALL products whether each of them has a photo or not, so I used the constructor like this:
Query code
Code:
Query query = entityManager.createQuery("select new Product(id,...,photo) from Product");
return query.getResultList();

But what I got is a list containing rows only from the products having photos.
It seems that the products having no photos are ignored...
So I checked the SQL and found a unexpected 'inner join' in it:
The generated SQL (show_sql=true):
Code:
select product0_.id as col_0_0_, ... product0_.DEFAULT_PHOTO_ID as col_8_0_ from PRODUCTS product0_ inner join PHOTOS photo1_ on product0_.DEFAULT_PHOTO_ID=photo1_.id

Now is the problem, maybe inner join is what Hibernate always does to a associated entity in constructor,
but is there a way I can use to list all entities with the customized contructor?

Thanks in advance.

Hibernate version:
Name and version of the database you are using:
Oracle 9i

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]