-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mapping twice
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:54 am 

Hi,

Anyone knows if it's possible to map a class instances as lists for other 2 class instances?

For instance, I have 3 tables - one with jobs(projects), one with workers and one with hours. On each job I may have workers working a number of hours at different pay rates at different moment in times. I'd like to be able to retrieve the list of hours for a job (as a collection) but at the same time I'd like to be able to retrieve the list of hours for an worker. All to be done by mapping and not queries. I was successful in doing the mapping but either only for jobs or only for workers - if I try to map hours twice I get errors (objects of type Hour cannot be added to 2 collections).

Is there a work around ? How can this be done ?

Thanks, Don

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:42 am 
Regular
Regular

You can map one of the mappings as readonly by using the insert="false" and udate="false".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]