-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Override uuid.hex during import of data
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:09 am 

Hi All

I have a spring/hibernate website. Most of my objects have id's mapped to the uuid.hex generator.

This works perfectly uptil the point when I want to import data. The import data contains uuid's that where created on a different machine. Therefore during import I want to disable the uuid.hex and I want the ability to set my own uuid. Namely the one supplied by the import xml file.

I have tried setting the uuid myself and then saving the file but that didnt work. My own uuid was overridden by the generator. Is it possible, when saving a file, to override the generator in some way?

Thanks in advance,
Martyn Hiemstra

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]