-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Creating new tables without destroing the previous database
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:41 pm 

Hi!

Sorry if the title of the topic is strange, bu i couldn't write in a better way, my english is a little poor :(

I have a web application that uses Hibernate. In this app, we have a lot of entities that are exported to tables using the SchemaExport utility class. I need to develop another app that will have entities relationated to some entities of the another application. I made a .jar that contains the entities of the first app, but theres a problem. If I use the SchemaExport to create the tables of the new app, the entities of the first app will overwrite the tables that were generated. Is there a way to tell the SchemaExport to not overwrite the existing tables?

Thanx!

Post subject: I think I solved the problem...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:57 pm 

Hi everybody!

I think I solved the problem, it´s not the way that I wanted, but It will work.

I was using the "create" method of SchemaExport. This method generates a "drop if exists" clause. Now I´m using the "execute" method.

Code:
se.execute( true, true, false, true );

With the third parameter as false, Hibernate will not generate the drop clause in the sql script, so, if the table already exists, it will be manteined.

If anyone knows a better way to do this, I will be gratefull.

Thanx again!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]