-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate3, ehcache statistics are empty and shutdown warn..
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:51 am 

Hibernate version: 3.2.x (ehcache 1.2.3)
In my hibernate-configuration I use: org.hibernate.cache.EhCacheProvider

In my application I provide information about the 2nd level cache directly from ehcache. But since hibernate3 I get only zero values. My code to get the caches is:
String[] cacheNames = CacheManager.getInstance().getCacheNames();
for (String cn : cacheNames) {
print(cn);
register(CacheManager.getInstance().getCache(cn));
}
The cachenames are correct, but it seems, that hibernate uses some different cache-objects?

Another problem is, that in testcases I shutdown the sessionfactory. For every cache I get the following exception (only Warning, but I want to get rid of them :-)

17:10:16,742 [main] WARN could not destroy UpdateTimestamps cache -- at org.hibernate.cache.UpdateTimestampsCache.destroy(UpdateTimestampsCache.java:101)
org.hibernate.cache.CacheException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The CacheManager is not alive.
at org.hibernate.cache.EhCache.destroy(EhCache.java:184)
at org.hibernate.cache.UpdateTimestampsCache.destroy(UpdateTimestampsCache.java:98)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.close(SessionFactoryImpl.java:797)
at de.mtu.eprotas.core.persistence.impl.HibernateSessionFactoryImpl.shutdown(HibernateSessionFactoryImpl.java:197)
at de.mtu.eprotas.application.ApplicationManager.shutdown(ApplicationManager.java:539)
at de.mtu.eprotas.test.impl.RepositoryBasedTestCase.tearDown(RepositoryBasedTestCase.java:543)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:130)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The CacheManager is not alive.
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.checkStatus(CacheManager.java:660)
at net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager.removeCache(CacheManager.java:588)
at org.hibernate.cache.EhCache.destroy(EhCache.java:181)
... 18 more

With net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.EhCacheProvider as providerI get:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hibernate.cache.CacheException.<init>(Ljava/lang/Exception;)V
at net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.EhCache.destroy(EhCache.java:179)
at org.hibernate.cache.NonstrictReadWriteCache.destroy(NonstrictReadWriteCache.java:104)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.close(SessionFactoryImpl.java:777)
at de.mtu.eprotas.core.persistence.impl.HibernateSessionFactoryImpl.shutdown(HibernateSessionFactoryImpl.java:197)
at de.mtu.eprotas.application.ApplicationManager.shutdown(ApplicationManager.java:539)
at de.mtu.eprotas.test.impl.RepositoryBasedTestCase.tearDown(RepositoryBasedTestCase.java:543)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:130)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:22 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Sounds like you are having the configuration issue with the Ehcache.
It seems the status is not alive for your registered caches.

Provide some detail information, may be i can help you in this matter further.

If helpful do rating ....

Last edited by rahul dongre on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Solution found
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:09 am 

Hi,
thank you for your help, meantime I've found solutions for my problems.
First I must use the net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.SingletonEhCacheProvider class, otherwise CacheManager.getInstance() won't get the current used cachemanager.

The other problem was that in testcases the sessionfactory was closed twice ...

bye
Roland

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]