-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unable to update - please help
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:40 am 

Hi there,

Can someone please help resolve this error? I am trying to update in hibernate but transaction fails with the error "Illegal attempt to associate a collection with two open sessions". I am using Hibernate with Spring. I am using HibernateTemplate for the transactions. I have a simple form with Product information entry. In my controller, I read entries in form and then attempt to update. However, this fails with above mentioned error. In my controller, I have following code -

Code:

Product product = this.productService.findByProductId(productId);
      Product commandProduct= (Product) command;     //command object
      product.setProductType(commandProduct.getProductType());
      product.setProductDescription(commandProduct.getProductDescription());

this.productService.update(product);

As you can see above, commandProduct contains data from the form in GUI and based on the product id that is open, I load the product object, set values of some of the fields that were changed in GUI and then try to call update. The service method makes a simple call -

Code:
               getSession().update(product);

but above update statement fails with the error "Illegal attempt to associate a collection with two open sessions". When I try merge instead of update, then I don't get any errors but it does not update anything.

What am I doing wrong and how to correct this issue? Can any guru help?

Post subject: Re: Unable to update - please help
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:27 am 

Any suggestions?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]