-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question on Collection
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:00 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

I am using Hibernate 3.1 version.
Is it possible that hibernate can return a collection in which some of the elements are null?

I am experiencing a strange problem. I have one-to-many relationship between A and B and when I do A.getB() hibernate is giving me a collection of B. Hibernate is returning a collection with expected results but also with one null element in the collection.

Why is it inserting a null element in the collection. What is causing this? How can I avoid this.

Thanks,
csr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:50 am 
Senior
Senior

Which collection are you using ??

Is it an ordered collection like list?

If so then its possible. Hibernate tries to find all elements starting with order 0 till the max in the list, any elements with the index between 0 and max not found are set to null.

Regards,
Jitendra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:19 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks Jits your post was helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:25 am 
Beginner
Beginner

i made a mistake with the order no.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]