-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: hibernate update problem
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:25 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

i would like to do something like this:
UPDATE thread SET status=3 where id in(1,2,3);

how can i run this query using hibernate. what is the alternative way to do it. thanks.

second problem:
how do i do update for both parent ad child table?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:32 am 
Senior
Senior

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/refer ... ryhql.html

First you need to query for objects with a specific id. You could use findById in your DAO for each one and add it to a list if it's just a short list. Otherwise you should really be search by some kind of criteria.

Then simply iterate over the list setting status to 3, and then pass each object to DAO.save(transiantInstance).

Hope that helps.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]